The boys showing off their Mardi Gras masks
Children from the Montessori school waiting for Ronald McDonald to arrive at the orphanage for a visit
He made it! And brought happy meals for everyone.
We got covered with "pica pica" during the Mardi Gras celebration. It's pieces of colorful paper that fill hollowed-out eggs, and get smashed on people's heads. Gotta love Guatemalan traditions :)

My friend, Pamela and I. I will be living with her and her family in Guatemala City after I finish my volunteer time at the orphanage in July.

This isn't a great picture but it shows the "Friendship Club" group. We do a cooking activity with three of our children who have special needs and three who are neurotypical to encourage teamwork and practice social skills.

A view of the beautiful landscape of Guatemala.

Our littlest pequeño at the orphanage (and my youngest speech therapy client)

This guy is always super smiley :)

A group activity on the basketball/soccer court of the school.

One of our Montessori students

A typical bathroom (toilet is in the room on the left and shower is straight ahead. I can see over the top of the shower door while I'm in there...still trying to get used to that ;)

Montessori

The process of removing lice from the kids' hair...a VERY common sight here. No one complains about it, though!

My friend's mom making one of her fabulous meals in their kitchen.

There have been lots of exciting adventures this year with this little one... :)

...she is worth every second of the hard work!

A family visiting on our monthly visitor's day.

The view from the entrance of the orphanage.

My room. Gotta represent ND :)

My well-stocked therapy room!

The other volunteers and I walk these stairs every morning from our houses to the main areas of NPH.




No comments:
Post a Comment