Tuesday, August 27, 2013

La Playa

The 25 volunteers all took a trip to the beach this weekend in Southern Guatemala. Though there was rain in the evenings, the days were filled with sunshine. We got to watch baby turtles be released into the ocean, sit on the beach, and swing in the hammocks. It was a relaxing weekend but I very much enjoy spending my weekends here and am glad to be back home :)

My friend Dana in the back of the bus, next to the mound of luggage.



Beds made of cozy concrete. But it was $5 a night so I can't complain. 

I loved how the roof was made out of palms.















The next series of photos shows Valentine meeting and sending off her baby turtle into the water. I'll try to post a video of when everyone released the turtles. It was pretty great :) 

























1 comment:

  1. Fascinating pictures of the turtles breaking for the ocean. I hope most of them made it before the birds got them. So the choice was to sleep in the hammocks or the concrete beds? Looks like a great group of people. DAD

    ReplyDelete